An experienced litigator and strategic advisor, Nate Walker represents clients in intellectual property litigation and other complex commercial disputes.
Over the last two decades, Nate successfully has litigated a wide range of cases, including patent, copyright, trade secret, contract, fraud, and unfair competition lawsuits. He has represented clients in courts throughout the country, in arbitration proceedings, and before the US International Trade Commission (“ITC”).
Among other litigation successes, Nate represented InterDigital Communications in arbitrations and trials to enforce patent license agreements against Samsung and Nokia that resulted in awards totaling more than $380 million for InterDigital. See In re Arbitration Between InterDigital Communications Corp. and Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., 528 F. Supp. 2d 340 (S.D.N.Y. 2007); InterDigital Communications Corp. v. Nokia Corp., 407 F. Supp. 2d 522 (S.D.N.Y. 2005). He likewise represented Grace Semiconductor in a patent infringement investigation and evidentiary hearing in the ITC that resulted in a Final Determination of invalidity, a resounding defense win for Grace. And as part of an active pro bono practice, Nate successfully represented four federal inmates in separate clemency petition proceedings in which President Obama granted clemency to all four clients.
Before joining The Norton Law Firm, Nate was a partner in the litigation group of the international law firm WilmerHale between 2011 and 2017. Between 2017 and 2020, Nate served as inhouse counsel and head of litigation at Sony Interactive Entertainment and lead litigation counsel at Stripe, Inc.
Nate joined The Norton Law Firm in August 2020.
- The University of Texas School of Law, JD, with Honors, 1996
- The University of Texas at Austin, BBA Honors Business, with Highest Honors, 1995
- California and Texas
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern, and Central Districts of California, District of Colorado, and Eastern District of Missouri
- Texas State Attorney General, Office of General Counsel, 1994 – 1996
Honors and Awards
- Northern California Super Lawyer, 2010-2015, 2021