Janelle Sampana is an associate at The Norton Law Firm. She brings extensive federal court experience, having clerked for a Magistrate Judge (Honorable Thomas Hixson), District Court Judge (Honorable Susan Illston), and United States Court of Appeals Judge (Honorable Salvador Mendoza Jr.). Janelle graduated from Georgetown Law, where she was an editor for the Georgetown Law Journal and competitor for the Barristers’ Council—Trial Advocacy Division.
Janelle cares deeply about using her law degree to help marginalized and at-risk communities. In law school, she was a student attorney for Georgetown’s Juvenile Justice Clinic and volunteered for Washington D.C. Superior Court Judge Robert Rigsby’s Law Camp for Youth. At graduation, she was awarded the Juvenile Justice Clinic Alumni Public Service Award. During her free time, Janelle enjoys volunteering with local animal rescue organizations.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2020
- University of California, Davis, B.A., Psychology, 2017
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court, Northern District of California, Hon. Susan Illston
- United States District Court, Northern District of California, Hon. Thomas Hixson
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, Hon. Salvador Mendoza Jr.